Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #1


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser-
"I was here for you." The husky whisper in his voice made it hard for me to take a deep breath. Instead, I was making small little pants. "Oh," I whispered. He chuckled and lowered his head until his lips were hovering over mine."
-Because Of Low by Abbi Glines
Goodreads Summary-
Marcus Hardy had hoped to enjoy a year away at college while he put the summer he’d rather forget behind him. But instead, he’s jerked right back to the coastal town of Sea Breeze, Alabama due to a family crisis. His dear ol' dad found himself a girlfriend only a few years older than Marcus. So now his sister needs help dealing with their mother who is mentally falling apart. The only bright spot to returning is the fascinating red head who sleeps over several times a week. The problem is she's sleeping in bed with his new roommate, Cage York. 

Willow “Low” Foster needs a place to live. Running to Cage’s apartment every time her sister kicks her out isn’t exactly a long term solution. Juggling her courses at the local community college and a part time job doesn’t produce excess income. But Cage has a new roommate and suddenly sleeping over at her best friend’s apartment isn’t such a bad thing. Not when she gets to see those sexy green eyes of Marcus Hardy’s twinkle when he smiles at her like he wants her there. 
Even though Cage seems a little territorial where Low is concerned, Marcus finds time to spend with Low without upsetting his roommate. Cage may use his small college baseball star persona to sleep with every hot female in his path but he’s still under the disillusion that when he’s through sowing his wild oats, he’s going to marry Low. Marcus intends to change that assumption for both Cage and Low. Until his carefully laid plans come crashing down with a revelation he never expected. He’ll have to choose between Low or his family. Because once the truth comes out.... there’s no other choice.
What's your teaser for this week?
Janhvi

16 comments:

  1. Great teaser. You can feel the expectation.

    Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tease! Good to know he was there for her!
    Thanks for stopping by My TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good teaser, wonder how he was there for her.

    Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/08/tuesday-teasers-3-good-ones-for-you_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good teaser.

    Thanks for stopping by My Teaser Tuesday =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh, I like that teaser! That really is a tease, this sounds like a good read though, hope you enjoy it, I'm gonna have to check it out :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM DYING TO READ THIS SERIES! Cannot wait to start! Great teaser! Thanks for sharing! :D

    My TT! 

    Btw...I'm a new follower! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy hot teaser!! I've had this book on my TBR for a while, but thanks to your teaser - it's getting bumped up the list! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my Teaser! Happy Reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, sounds sexy! Thanks for stopping by my teaser. I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice tease! Very steamy--yet in an innocent way!

    Thanks for visiting my tease!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I have yet to read an Abbi Glines book but I have a bunch of friends who say they are fantastic! Thanks for stopping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *squeee* I love Abbi Glines' books! I really need to read this one! I loved Marcus in Breathe so I definitely need to get back into that series. I've heard great things!! Thanks for sharing that tease of a teaser. lol :)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My Teasers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say Thank you for stopping by my TT :)

      Delete
  12. What a nicely torturous tease! I have never heard of this book before so thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

    Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sexy! I like your teaser. I've heard a lot of good things about Abbi Glines' books, but have not had a chance to read one yet. Looks like I will have to change that.

    Thanks for visiting my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! I love, love, love this book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser! I read this book like a month ago hope you enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!