Friday, September 28, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday #6



Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. 

This week's question is:

Q: What is the BIGGEST word you’ve seen used in a book lately – that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.


My answer: 
Word: TETCHILY
Meaning: bad-tempered and irritable
Book: Dysfunctional Romance! by Derick Hudson


Goodreads Summary:
Barry Shaws’s whirlwind journey through life was shaped by the growing demands of a multitude of disorders, which meant he tended to clean things repeatedly and aggressively, before they had the chance to murder him!

Barry thrived on routine. If it hadn’t happened before, it was unlikely to happen ever…until he collided into her that is. On that fateful day, as he walked to work, stepping from the centre of one pavement stone to the next, he crashed into Sandra Wiggins, who had also been discreetly avoiding the dreaded cracks. It was lust at first sight. Love would have to wait. Apart, they were just weird, but together, they were pure mental!

This is the bittersweet, often hillarious story of two human lovebirds, destined to spend their calamitous lives together…until something extraordinary occurs that threatens to decimate what remains of their limited sanity. Welcome to the New World Order, created when Barry met his Miss. Match!

I'd love to increase my vocabulary by looking at all your answers!
Happy Friday everyone! 

Sarika

31 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that word! It's nice when a book introduces you to new words ^_^

    I'm a new follower!

    Here's mine:
    http://www.sinnfulbooks.com/2012/09/follow-friday.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following, Sinn! :)

      Delete
  2. haha that is a good word! thanks for the lesson :) thanks for stopping by and for the follow! here to return the favor!
    the book you are featuring sounds interesting as well. I'll have to write that one down.

    Thanks for your invite to the NOPM giveaway. I actually already own a copy because I wrote a review for the author. Feel free to check it out on my page, and maybe we can exchange views. :)
    and I have a DiSemblance Giveaway going on, if you haven't checked it out yet.

    Have a great weekend!

    Aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following, Aspen! Dysfunctional Romance! is a very interesting and funny read.
      I'm off to check out your NOPM review!
      Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Whoa.. that word makes me feel Tetchily! :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think I've seen that word! It's been awhile since I dragged out the dictionary. I think reading for so many years has built up my vocab!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by again, Jessica! You too have a great week-end with the dictionary perhaps? ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow, great word! I haven't seen that one before.

    Old follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the word tetchy but I've seen tetchily used before. Nice word.
    Old follower My F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Adina! This is the first time I'm hearing tetchy too, thanks for sharing! Another addition to my vocab. :)

      Delete
  7. I don't think I knew this one so thanks for sharing!

    old follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mellaine! Glad I could add a new word to your vocab! ;)

      Delete
  8. Interesting word :D

    Old follower
    Here is my Follow Friday
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lauren! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of that one, thanks for the info!
    Old Follower :)
    -My FF & Wrap-up at Novel Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through Tetchily is definitely new to me. Thanks for the new word :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Alison! :) Happy reading!

      Delete
  11. Great choice! I've never heard of that word before. Old follower! :D

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Daphne! That's the first time I heard 'tetchily' too. :)

      Delete
  12. Interesting word!
    Following you GFC.

    Lectus
    http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2012/09/friday-feature-and-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following, Lectus! :)

      Delete
  13. LOL... Can't say I have ever heard 'Tetchily' before... But once you know the definition it definitely fits the word... Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, Following you =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks for stopping by, Cassie and for following! :) Happy reading!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for stopping by...following back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  15. Another word I hadn't heard of. We are definitely learning vocab today.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! We're learning so much with this! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  16. Lucky you could remember a word!! Lol!!

    Thanx for visiting my FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came across the word while reading the night before the post! Thanks for stopping by, Naomi! :)

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!