Monday, October 01, 2012

The Literary Others: An LGBT Reading Event by Adam @ Roof Beam Reader

The Literary Others: An LGBT Reading Event is an even being hosted by AdamRoof Beam Reader that will go on for the entire month of October 2012 in honor of LGBT History Month (USA).
 We (The Readdicts) are so excited to participate! We've had a couple of LGBT books on our TBR since a long time now and this event is the perfect time to lay our hands on these books. 



What is LGBT? LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender. For the purposes of this event, “LGBT” works will refer to those which are written by a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender author, or to those works whose major themes/characters are LGBT-centric (Books with a gay protagonist, books dealing with homophobia, poetry by a lesbian, stories where a character is dealing with gender identity issues or changes, etc.). 
-Adam @  Roof Beam Reader

The books that Janhvi and I plan on reading for this event are: 


Details of the event can be found here
Happy reading, everyone! :) 
Sarika

6 comments:

  1. Great event, going to check it out now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Kelly! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Annabel has been on my "to buy/to read" list for so long! I don't think I'll be able to get to it this month, but I'm very excited to see the thoughts/reviews from those who do ..I'm pretty sure I've seen it pop-up on a few peoples' "planned reads" lists... yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story goes that I saw Annabel on your list of suggestions for the LGBT Reading Event, coincidentally came across it at the bookstore a few days later and immediately got a copy for myself. :)
      Thanks for stopping by, Adam!

      Delete
  3. Annabel does sound very interesting. My list is a mile long at this point, so I don't know if I'll be able to read it this month, but can't wait to see your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Claudia! I started Annabel and it is very interesting!
      Looking forward to your reviews and mile long list too. ;)

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!