Saturday, November 03, 2012

Review- Sleeping Gods by Kristin R. Campbell

Goodreads Summary: 

Alexis must pick up the broken pieces of her heart and pull herself together because she has a mission: To awaken the sleeping gods. When she is at the point of giving up, wearing her pretend smiles and feels like there is nothing left of herself, her friend becomes her savior. Patryck helps put Alexis back together again and in return Alexis sees him as something more than a friend… 

Together with her brother, Alex, her father, Edmund, and a team of angels they make their way to Mount Latmos, to awaken the gods. But obstacles are in their way, one of them being Cole, the traitor, the one who shattered Alexis’ heart. 

New friends and family she never thought she would meet will come to aid Alexis.

… And a love will blossom that will redefine the saying, “Love you forever.”


REVIEW:

*NOTE: Author Kristin R. Campbell provided us (The Readdicts) with a copy of her book, Sleeping Gods, book #2 in the Lunangelique series. We thank the author for the book! 

Sleeping Gods is the second book in the Lunangelique series by Kristin R Campbell. You can read my review of Lunangelique here
After reading Lunangelique, I was really excited to know more about twins Alex and Lexi and author Kristin R Campbell sent me a copy of the book in exchange for a review. Sleeping Gods was, if I am to describe it in one word, amazing! The book is a perfect example of things getting better and better. If Lunangelique was great, Sleeping Gods is even better and if Lunangelique was awesome, Sleeping Gods is super awesome.
Sleeping Gods starts out with Lexi being depressed about Cole leaving her unexpectedly. She is heart-broken and really sad. The way Kristin R. Campbelldescribes Lexi's state at this time is just beautiful. Her words, actions and emotions are affectional. 
Usually, when I read the first book in a series, I make my own assumptions and theories about what the sequel will have and I've mostly been right about it. I did the same with Lunangelique. But Sleeping Godsproved me wrong, in a very good way. There was so much of riveting stuff happening in the book that I found it hard to put down. I ended up reading major chunks of it in one sitting and had to close it only because it was getting too late! 
In Sleeping Gods, Alex and Lexi want to wake up the sleeping Gods. Under the pretence of going for a trip to Europe before college starts, Alex and Lexi join forces with their recently discovered family and friends to change their fates. With the help of her new found friend, Patryck, Lexi takes up this mission. Along the way, there are many more angels who join them. That's where the journey begins. They face plenty of obstacles and meet Greek Gods that we are all familiar with. It was absolutely amazing to read about the Greeks. Usually Greek mythology tends to get a little bit complicated for me, but Kristin R. Campbell does a wonderful job in explaining it in a simple yet gripping manner. 
Lexi was her usual self. I completely adore her as a protagonist. She is strong, brave and smart. She knows what she wants and gets it in the right way. Alex seemed a little quite to me this time, but the poor boy had to go through so much. Besides, there was Cole. Cole! He was simply terrific. I loved him. Whatever suspicions I had about Lexi and all the guys behind her were put to rest after reading Sleeping Gods. I really wish Lexi and Cole get their happily ever after very soon. They make a fantastic couple. All the side characters in the book made it more fun to read. For me, Patryck was very gentlemanly and a nice person, but ah... Well, I guess I'll just leave it at that! 
Just like Lunangelique, albeit better, Sleeping Gods is captivating and extremely interesting. I actually enjoyed every page of it and kept going back to it. It ended on a cliff-hanger and though I love these type of endings, I am just so eager to read the next book. 
I love to read about angels and have read Lauren Kate’s Fallen series and Hush, Hush byBecca FitzpatrickLunangelique is definitely a new and diverse angel series to look forward to and I am sure it's going to get a great response from readers. It has made my list of favourite angel books!


RATING:

X 4
 Sarika

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how we all have some indie books we love and no one knows about them. I see this book for the first time and it looks interesting. I'm happy you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Tanja, I agree with you and what's even great is when you get to know about these books from fellow bloggers. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!