Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #21


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Publication Date: April 2nd 2013


Goodreads Summary:

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

In This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle," the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names.

Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles.

When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

Just as they did in The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.

I loved Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight and This Is What Happy Looks Like has such a cute cover and seems like it's going to be a cute read. 
I'm going to read this one for sure! 

What are you waiting on?

Sarika

30 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Followed too!

    I loved Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight too!! Dying to get my hands on this.

    xoxo
    Doodle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following, Doodle! I hope you enjoy the book! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! I loved the Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight :D I didn't even know she had a new book coming out! I want to this now :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you came across my WoW then! Thanks for stopping by, Janina! :)

      Delete
  3. Nice pick, I'm sure we'll enjoy this. Satstical Probability of Loce at First Sight is still on my tbr as well, but I'm resolved to read it in 2013. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope you get to read both of Jennifer's books! Thanks for stopping by, Caro! :)

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with you! I loved TSPoLaFS and this one sounds like an easy and lovely read :) I'll add it to my list! :) Thanks for sharing girls :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it'll BE lovely AND easy! Thanks for stopping by, Tanja! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so waiting for this one too! April is just solong away,and I cant wait any longer! I hope April comes sooner!

    What I'm Waiting for This Wednesday
    My Enormous TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope April comes soon for us! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm really looking forward to this one too, thanks for sharing!

    Old follower :D

    http://pageafterpagereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be reading this one for sure. I adored The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and I really cannot wait for this, it's like the movie You Got Mail, which is one of my favorites :)

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I haven't seen the movie but I do hope to catch up on it sometime! Thanks for stopping by, Jade! :)

      Delete
  8. Nice! Seen this one somewhere before! Hope you enjoy it once you get it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this looks so cute, just like the first one did (which I haven't read yet, unfortunately!). I will definitely have to check them out sometime - I really like the covers, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you get to read both the books soon and yes, I like the covers too! Thanks for stopping by, Aylee! :)

      Delete
  10. I can't wait for that book either. It sounds really cute.

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound cute! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It does! Thanks for stopping by, Annmarie! :)

      Delete

  12. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, totally! Thanks for stopping by, Dani! :)

      Delete
  13. I like how this cover (and title) match with her other book. I think it will look pretty on the shelves! :)

    WoW at Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! And it sure will look super pretty on the shelf! Thanks for stopping by, Mel! :)

      Delete
  14. Oh, this sounds absolutely WONDERFUL!! LOVE it!! It's going right into my TBR pile!! Now I want to read the first one even more!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm so glad to know you're as excited for the book as I am! Thanks for stopping by, Marie! :)

      Delete
  15. I read a book by Jennifer E. Smith recently and I absolutely loved it. I'd love to read this one when it comes out. It sounds pretty great! I hope you enjoy reading it too! Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a nice coincidence! I hope you love this one just as much! Thanks for stopping by, Martina! :)

      Delete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!