Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #29



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Here's my teaser:
"Okay. I'll cut his head off."
"Ignoring the fact that you don't have a weapon to do that, how will you compensate for the fact that he may be a foot taller than you?" 
-Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead

Goodreads Summary:

St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger...

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.


What's your teaser this Tuesday?
Happy reading, everyone! 


38 comments:

  1. LoL, snarky remarks are always something to laugh. Looking forward to picking this up one day. =) Thanks for sharing, and happy reading. My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, totally! I got to the series and I hope you get to it soon as well, Caro! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh you're reading VA!!! *happy dance* :D I can't wait to see your review for it. I love this series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tanja! FINALLY. *happy dance with you* :D

      Delete
  3. ahhh, i have yet to read this *shame*... love the sarcasm ~ thanks for sharing!

    My Teasers

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just started the series! I hope you get to read it soon, Keely! :)

      Delete
  4. That is so mean! I hope she can't find a weapon!
    Here's our teasers: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/03/tuesday-teasers-death-of-bees-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! I love me some snarky-ness. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Looooooove this series! That's all I can really say!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh! I am in love with this series and ofcourse Dimitri .
    Can't wait to see your review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richelle Mead is my all time favorite author. I have loved this series for so long. I hope you enjoy!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! This series sounds so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're reading this series! Everything by Richelle Mead is great, or at least very good. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my page.

    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly will enjoy this one, Stephanie! :)

      Delete
  11. I loved this book! Thank you for the teaser and for stopping by the blog today and commenting! Hope you have time soon to read Inbetween! 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I know, especially now that the pretty cover for the sequel, Blurred has come out, I can't wait to get to Inbetween, Sharrice! :)

      Delete
  12. I'm curious about the world this author has created. Good teasers.
    My Teaser is from THE LAW OF SIMILARS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Humor! Love it, thanks for sharing. Never heard of the book either :o I know shocking lol!
    here is mine:
    http://werejumpinbooks.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/teaser-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It i shocking, but I wasn't aware of it before as well, so no problem! ;)

      Delete
  14. Haha, love this part! I just read this book last week and can't wait for the next one. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's awesome! I hope you enjoy the series, Christin! :)

      Delete
  15. Great teaser!
    I've been wanting to read this book for quite some time now, but another book always gets in the way :-P
    My Teaser from Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout (+ a giveaway of the same book)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Mine was the same, but I finally decided to start with it and I'm glad I did. Thanks or sharing the giveaway, Zenia! :)

      Delete
  16. Loved that series and hope you do, too! Great teaser! Here's my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the last book that I won, now I need to get the rest so I can read the series. :) Great teaser!

    I have one up as well this week, if you'd like to stop by...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-153.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, awesome! I hope you get to the series soon then, Melissa! :)

      Delete
  18. I love the Vampire Academy series! If you like this one, you're in for a treat with the rest. I can't wait for the movie. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I started reading it because the movie is coming out! Haha! I'm already liking it, Felicia! :)

      Delete
  19. Funny teaser! Hope you enjoy the book. And thanks for the visit today!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!