Sunday, June 30, 2013

Immortals Of Meluha Read Along: Week 4 {Wrap up}


It just seemed like yesterday when we'd started the conversation on how all of us wanted to read The Immortals of Meluha and before the blink of an eye we had a read along on our hands. It seems totally unreal to me that 4 weeks have passed so soon and we're onto the wrap up of the Immortals of Meluha read along.

For those of you, like me, who haven't caught up yet to all the discussions and the very beautiful posts made by my co hosts you can go take a look at them through the links below-

by Ankita at Booklok Coffee.

by Sarika at The Readdicts

by Kartik at MeBookGeeko

Now, I gotta admit that I haven't read the book yet. Yes, shame on me and I suck as a host and I have no excuses to give. So, I'm gonna keep it simple. I lack the creativity unlike Sarika and Ankita who made such lovely posts and I lack the details as I haven't read the book yet. So I have no lengthy questions or answers or any great philosophical finds.

I'm just gonna ask a bunch of general questions and answer them truthfully hoping y'all do the same :)

Q 1. Have you finished reading Immortals of Meluha?

This is embarrassing but I guess I deserve it. No, I haven't finished reading Immortals of Meluha yet.

Q 2. Did you enjoy reading it?

Again, I can't say but in general from what I've heard and spoken with Ankita and Sarika the book is not all that easy to get into. You need to have time and patience to enjoy it, I guess.

Q 3. What are your last thoughts on the book? Will it stay with you for a long time or is it that you can't wait to forget about it?

I'm gonna skip this one.

Q 4. Will you be reading The Secret of the Nagas and The Oath of the Vayuputras?

I do not see this happening for me in the near future at least. But you never know what might happen.

Q 5. Was the book how you expected it to be?

I'm no one to speak here but before starting it I did have hopes and good, if not high expectations of it. Therefore I was one of the few or many, who were disappointed by it.

Q 6. Would you recommend this series to anyone?

Um, I don't think so, unless and until the person is like a hard core mythology fan and just desperately wants to know what's going on in Amish's books. There are several better books out there.

Q 7. How do you feel about Amish's writing style?

From what I can tell the lengthy descriptions are not easy to get through but if it helps in the whole world building I wouldn't mind it. But I don't know if this series has that much of a capacity to pull me in.

Q 8. What are you expecting from The Immortals of Meluha movie if there is one? Will you be watching it?

When Sarika and I had gone for Amish's book signing he did say that there was a movie in the works. I am a movie buff so I will probably watch it in spite of how the book turns out to be.

Q 9. Do you think the book lives up to its hype?

There are several books which don't live up to its hype and sadly, Immortals of Meluha is one of them for me. Actually, maybe it does live up to its hype for some of you but it is just a genre I failed to instantly connect with so it was a fail for me.

Q 10. What are you currently reading? What do you plan to read next?

I'm currently reading Allure by Nina Lane and I'm enjoying every single word of it. Its an amazingly brilliant book which I hope to devour. I plan to read some new adult book like, The Forever of Ella and Micha next.

I would love to know your answers to any and every question!
Hope y'all had a good time :)
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hey J, First of all... No you don't suck as a host and no shame on you. You are an amazing host. We do understand the circumstances. So just chill. It happens and the most important thing is you are honest about it so 'YOU ARE INDEED AN AMAZING HOST. Now I'll just answer your questions in the next comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Take on your Questions:
    1)This is embarrassing for me as well... I haven't finished reading. :D

    2)Well I enjoyed it.. The part I have read. Story line is good and different. So In a way yes I did. :)

    3)I'll only if they aren't voracious reader and pin point the shortcomings. Then I'll be an awesome read for them but again there are many books out there where you can still connect with the story being a teenager/youngster/Middle Grader.

    4)AHHH!! Can't comment on that. but not in near future :D.

    5)NO. From the fuzzed it made, I absolutely did not expect it to be this... umm... I read a lot and I never saw a book like this before.

    6)Not Really. I am into mythology but I am also keen on authenticity, this was a bit less authentic.. to me.

    7)He said he wrote it as such to connect with youngsters, so I wish he had written it in current scenario not of 4000 yrs back, it would have been blast for me then. But I just can't picture this writing and choice of words used in 19BC. And I can't read a book I can't picture. I so wish it was set in current scenario.

    8)Oh.. I'll be watching it for sure... Because it will be in Hindi and the dialect will be correct. I am pretty sure Karan Johar will use right dialogues and all for the movie... So I am really looking forward to it.

    9)NO.

    10)I finished up with Complete/convenient by Ketan Bhagat today and I am gonna read "Son of sobek by Rick Riordan"

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!