Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #47

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morill
Publication Date: January 7th 2014 

Goodreads Summary:

Meet Sloane Emily Jacobs: a seriously stressed-out figure-skater from Washington, D.C., who choked during junior nationals and isn’t sure she’s ready for a comeback. What she does know is that she’d give anything to escape the mass of misery that is her life.

Now meet Sloane Devon Jacobs, a spunky ice hockey player from Philly who’s been suspended from her team for too many aggressive hip checks. Her punishment? Hockey camp, now, when she’s playing the worst she’s ever played. If she messes up? Her life will be over.

When the two Sloanes meet by chance in Montreal and decide to trade places for the summer, each girl thinks she’s the lucky one: no strangers to judge or laugh at Sloane Emily, no scouts expecting Sloane Devon to be a hero. But it didn’t occur to Sloane E. that while avoiding sequins and axels she might meet a hockey hottie—and Sloane D. never expected to run into a familiar (and very good-looking) face from home. It’s not long before the Sloanes discover that convincing people you’re someone else might be more difficult than being yourself.

I'd love to see what you are waiting on this Wednesday so link me up! 

28 comments:

  1. This sounds so sweet! Thanks for sharing, definitely adding this one to my to reads.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Meant to Be few days ago - I loved it. I can't wait to read this one. Lauren is amazing writer.
    Great pick, Sarika.

    Here is my first WOW on romance novels blog - Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'll read Meant To Be before this one is out. Your review was fab. Thanks, Glass! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm also dying to read this one! :) It sounds like a great and sweet read. Great pick Sarika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds totally like our type of read, Tanja. ;)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a really sweet book. Although I wonder how they pull of a swap if they aren't related. Good choice though.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get to see that soon, I hope. Thanks, Kristin! :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, we'll have to wait and see, Kristin! ;)

      Delete
  5. I've spotted this last week, and I think I'm gonna give it a shot. I like mix up stories, although I have to be really in the mood for them. Great pick, thanks for sharing! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I like them too. Hope you can read it soon, Caro. :)

      Delete
  6. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea but I will be interested to see your review.
    Here is my WOW
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-year-of-shadows_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for this one, too. It looks and sounds adorable. I love that cover and it sounds like The Parent Trap. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, awesome! I haven't heard of The Parent Trap but will check it out, thanks Natalie. :)

      Delete
  8. OMG! Thanks for sharing this, I haven't seen this one! Adding to my TBR pile! Great pick!

    My WoW

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great. I haven't read anything with a figure skater as the main character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, so it should be interesting. Thanks, Alison! :)

      Delete
  10. It's definitely one of my prized possessions. I never imagined I'd get to interact with the author of one of my favorite books! And I wouldn't have had the courage to contact him if I didn't start blogging :)

    Re: Being Sloane Jacobs. Oh my that sounds interesting! I thought it would just be another one of those boy-meets-girl but apparently...it's not? This is definitely an apt entry for Waiting on Wednesday :)

    Thanks for visiting, Sarika. Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Goldie. I loved that post you had up and thanks for the reply. Ah yes, I can't wait to find out more about this book. :D Thanks!

      Delete
  11. Aaah, CUTE COVER!! And I am SUCH a sucker for the trading places trope, like in The Parent Trap. Definitely adding this one to my tbr now - thanks for the heads up, Sarika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the cover too! I'll have to check out The Parent Trap. Thanks, Aylee! :)

      Delete
  12. Oh yes, I will. Thanks, Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!