Monday, April 07, 2014

Review- Angelfall by Susan Ee

Summary-

It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Review-

After reading a ton of rave reviews about Angelfall I was really excited to get started on it. I so wasn't disappointed. I loved Angelfall. It was one of the most unique books I've read to date. I was never a huge fan of angels in the first place but this twisted view of angels has me hooked.

Penryn is our heroine. Its been six weeks since the apocalypse and she is trying to survive with her mother and younger sister. When her younger sister gets kidnapped by angels Penryn will do anything to get her back, including making a deal with an angel himself.

I LOVED Penryn. She was a strong and a kick ass heroine. I loved how protective she was of her sister. She was trying her best to cope up with the circumstances but she still held a hint of vulnerability. I loved how realistic it was that at times she thought like a seventeen year old girl. I loved her smart ass attitude and wit. She was a great protagonist.

Our hero is Raffe who is fighting his own battles. He is severely injured and he finds himself being rescued by Penryn. I would have killed for getting Raffe's point of view. But it is Penryn's story so we don't. I loved Raffe. He had me at agnostic angel! He had such a strong presence and he and Penryn seemed to balance each other out perfectly. This is such a forbidden romance and I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Susan Ee has created a unique world in Angelfall. Her writing is so clear, I could see every single thing happening in front of my eyes. Angelfall also has a ton of gruesome scenes and I think it just adds to the darkness of the book. I thoroughly enjoyed Angelfall.



5 comments:

  1. I've yet to read this one, but it's high on my tbr. So happy that you enjoyed :) Yeah, I've heard great things about Penryn and I'm glad that you found her kick-a as well. Also, I cannot wait to meet Raffe. I hear that the romance is very on the background and not much happens romance wise so I'm eager to see how this deveolps in future books, just as you. So happy that this was a win in your eyes, Janhvi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a total Rafe fan he was awesome. Penryn, not so much. I'm sort of meh to this series it was decent but I'll probably never understand the praise it receives. Great review though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you loved Angelfall! It is one of my favorite books! And I agree with getting a POV of Raffe! :") Hope you read the next book soon! ♥ Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! I adore this book. Like you, I don't like books about angels that much, mostly because almost all of them disappointed me, but Angelfall was special kind of awesome. Did you read sequel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this on my TBR for quite a while now...I keep wanting to read it but review books get in the way! I am definitely bumping it up on the list now! Great review!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!