Thursday, June 05, 2014

Review- Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Summary-

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.

Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.

Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.

Review-

I am a huge fan of the Caster Chronicles series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I didn't want the series to end and I kept putting off reading the last book for two years. But recently I finally decided to pick up Beautiful Redemption for a series ending challenge and I'm glad I did. I have bittersweet feelings but I think it was time I said goodbye.

After the huge cliffhanger which we get in Beautiful Chaos, Beautiful Redemption starts right after it. The book is basically divided into three parts. The first and the third go from Ethan's point of view whereas the second goes from Lena's point of view. Ethan was one of my very first book boyfriends and he was just as nice in this book.

Ethan is all alone trying to figure out his way back to Lena. I was quite disappointed by his pov in Beautiful Redemption. There was just waaay too much description which made it easy for me to get distracted. Things were moving very slow and like Ethan we had no clue what was going on. Its safe to say that this was the least enjoyable book in the series.

Surprisingly, I flew through Lena's point of view. That is where the real action was going on. It was great to see everyone come together to work to get Ethan back. I loved Link, like always. He and Ridley have this weird bond and I am very curious to see where it goes in Dangerous Creatures. I also liked Liv, John, Macon and Amma.

I think I may have expected a bit too much from this finale so it did not meet my expectations. Sadly, it very much lacked in the romance department though it was all for love. But Beautiful Creatures has one of the most unique worlds so I'm glad I finished off the series. This book is more of a 3.5 but my loyalty to the world makes me give it a 4. Beautiful Redemption was a good read.



2 comments:

  1. I wanted to pick the first book up, but I've heard so many mixed things about it that I didn't.
    I did watched the movie and found it just okay. Not really mind-blowing. This series does sounds interesting and even though I didn't like the movie, one day I might try this series.
    I'm happy you enjoyed the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't like the series that much at first, but the third and fourth books? Loved them! I enjoyed Lena's POV a lot and just like you, flew through it. Idk, I'm just not a big fan of Ethan's POV. I'm glad you like his character though :) Ha! Love Link too. Can't wait to read his book :) Great review, Janhvi!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!