Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #100

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Oh my God, guys! If you didn't realise it yet, this is out 100th Waiting on Wednesday. I mean, how cool is that! We scored a century. I feel old. But that doesn't, in any way, stop me from wanting to share with you the books I'm looking forward to. Well a nice strong 100 WoWs call for celebration! We don't have anything new to offer, but since celebrations are all around us here at The Readdicts, make sure you stop by our Second Blogoversary Celebration Giveaway Post! 

Here's what I'm waiting on!

Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes
Publication Date- September 2nd 2014


Goodreads Summary:

This emotional, hilarious, devastating, and ultimately triumphant YA debut, based on actual events, recounts one girl’s rejection of her high school’s hierarchy—and her discovery of her true self in the face of tragedy.

Fall’s buzzed-about, in-house favorite.

Outside, Anika Dragomir is all lip gloss and blond hair—the third most popular girl in school. Inside, she’s a freak: a mix of dark thoughts, diabolical plots, and, if local chatter is to be believed, vampire DNA (after all, her father is Romanian). But she keeps it under wraps to maintain her social position. One step out of line and Becky Vilhauer, first most popular girl in school, will make her life hell. So when former loner Logan McDonough shows up one September hotter, smarter, and more mysterious than ever, Anika knows she can’t get involved. It would be insane to throw away her social safety for a nerd. So what if that nerd is now a black-leather-jacket-wearing dreamboat, and his loner status is clearly the result of his troubled home life? Who cares if the right girl could help him with all that, maybe even save him from it? Who needs him when Jared Kline, the bad boy every girl dreams of, is asking her on dates? Who?

Anatomy of a Misfit is Mean Girls meets The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Anika’s hilariously deadpan delivery will appeal to readers for its honesty and depth. The so-sad-it’s-funny high school setting will pull readers in, but when the story’s dark foreboding gradually takes over, the devastating penultimate tragedy hits like a punch to the gut. Readers will ride the highs and lows alongside funny, flawed Anika — from laughter to tears, and everything in between.

This book sounds very interesting and I'd love to give it a try once it's out.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? Let me know in the comments below. Happy waiting and happy reading, everyone! 


7 comments:

  1. This sound like an interesting read. Great pick for WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Anika has a tough choice to make. Thanks for sharing this and definitely interested to see what she'll do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay fro the 100th WOW!! That's so amazing :) We're almost the same age there ;)
    I saw this one around and for me the most interesting thing about that cover is that I'd sit on that blue chair xD I was looking at this the other day and realized that. Anyhow I really hope you'll enjoy this one :) Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 100 WoWs!!! This is a new to me one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really been looking forward to reading this book! And congrats on your 100th WoW!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee, congrats on reaching 100 WoW posts, guys!! That's pretty cool. I don't number mine so I have no idea what I'm up to, but I don't think I'm as prolific as you! Oh, and I'm definitely very curious about this one - love that it's compared to Perks of Being a Wallflower.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!