Thursday, June 11, 2015

Review- It Happened One Wedding by Julie James

Summary-

SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”

After a humiliating end to her engagement, investment banker Sidney Sinclair is done with commitment-phobic men. But when her sister winds up engaged after a whirlwind courtship, she’s thrown in to close contact with exactly the kind of sexy playboy she wants to avoid—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, for better or worse, until her sister walks down the aisle, but that doesn’t mean she has to give in to his smooth advances, no matter how tempting they are…

BUT HE MAKES IT HARD TO SAY “I DON’T”

Special Agent Vaughn Roberts always gets his man on the job and his woman in bed. So Sidney’s refusal to fall for his charms only makes him more determined to win over the cool and confident redhead. Only what starts out as a battle of wills ends up as a serious play for her heart. Because the one woman who refuses to be caught may be the only one Vaughn can’t live without…
 

Review-

I love Julie James' books and her writing style. I have read her FBI/U.S.Attorney series and enjoyed each and every single book in it. That is why even though I was a bit late in picking up It Happened One Wedding, I got to it. I really liked Vaughn and Sidney and their story was enjoyable if you like contemporary romances with humor and wit.

Let's start with Vaughn. Vaughn is an FBI Agent who more often that not has to do undercover work. He is happy with the way his life is going and is not ready to settle down with anyone yet. That is until Sidney rejects him. Vaughn can't get Sidney out of his mind and when his brother decides to marry her sister they always end up being in the same situation. I really liked Vaughn. He was a strong and steady guy. Though he was not into commitments he did care about his family and was an all around good guy.

Sidney has had her heart broken before when her fiance cheated on her. So now even though she is tempted by Vaughn she is so not willing to go for that kind of guy. She wants a guy who will pass her check list and who is looking for forever. Sidney comes out as a hard ass and bit of a bitch in the beginning but as we get to know her we see her softer and more vulnerable side.

Like all Julie James books I thoroughly loved all the interactions between the hero and the heroine. Vaughn and Sidney when together were hilarious and witty and I loved their banter. I enjoyed seeing the both of them get past their hang ups and actually form a genuine friendship. Sidney and Vaughn also shared amazing chemistry and it was easy to see why.

I also loved that we got glimpses of some of the previous couples in the series. Cade and Brooke were very cute and I loved all the conversations Cade, Huxley and Vaughn had. This book defintiely had a more bittersweet vibe going on with Sidney dealing with personal issues but I think it gave the book more depth. I really liked It Happened One Wedding.



1 comment:

  1. It is always nice to find a positive review where the reviewer mentions loving other books by the same author. It makes me want to read one of the books myself for sure. Thank you for your review. I will add one of Julie James books to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!