Friday, October 19, 2012

Book Quotes- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

We are eagerly anticipating the release of the fourth and final book in the Caster Chronicles series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, Beautiful Redemption, which comes out on the 23rd of October, 2012. *excited* :D
To celebrate this, we are having a Caster Chronicles Book Quotes Marathon, where I'll share my favourite quotes from the first three books in the series.

The Caster Chronicles consist of the following books:

 Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1), Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles #2), Dream Dark (Caster Chronicles #2.5) and Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3).

The book for today is book #1 from the series, Beautiful Creatures

 

Goodreads Summary:
There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.

At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

Quotes: 

* Darkness cannot drive out darkness; 
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; 
only love can do that.
- Martin Luther King Jr. 

* I didn't want to risk what we had, whatever it was. So why did I think of her every second? Why was I so much happier the minute I saw her? I felt like maybe I knew the answer, but could I be sure? I didn't know and I didn't have any way to find out... 

* That didn't stop me from thinking about her or seeing her practically everywhere I tried not to look. 

* I was alone, and the only thing worse than being alone was having everyone see how lonely I was. 

* What is the opposite of two?
A lonely me, a lonely you. 

* It's crazy what you see when you aren't really looking. 

* Everyday was like a day out of someone else's life. Nothing had ever happened to me, and now everything was happening to me- and by everything, I really meant Lena. An hour was both faster and slower. I felt like I had sucked the air out of a giant balloon, like my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. Clouds were more interesting, the lunchroom less disgusting, music sounded better, the same old jokes were funnier, and Jackson went from being a clump of grayish-green buildings to map of times and places where I might run into her. I found myself smiling for no reason, keeping my earphones in and replaying our conversations in my head just so I could listen to them again. 
I had seen this kind of thing before. 
I had just never felt it. 

- ♥ Ethan ♥ 


Sarika




No comments:

Post a Comment


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!