Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #31



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Here's my teaser:
This is what they write stories about, I realize, as if from far away. All those books and movies and poems I've read, this is what they all were preparing me for, the day when a strange man smiles at me, and makes me forget who I am.
-Unbroken (Cedar Cove #1) by Melody Grace

Goodreads Summary:

"Mom always told me there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane. Emerson Ray was my hurricane...."

Juliet McKenzie was an innocent eighteen-year old when she spent the summer in Cedar Cove—and fell head over heels in love with Emerson. Complicated, intense Emerson, the local bad boy. His blue eyes hid dark secrets, and just one touch could set Juliet ablaze. Their love was demanding and all-consuming, but when summer ended, tragedy tore them apart. Juliet swore she’d never go back, and she’s kept that promise… Until now.

Four years later, Juliet’s done her best to rebuild the wreckage of her shattered life. She’s got a great boyfriend, and a steady job planned after she graduates. Returning to Cedar Cove to pack up her family’s beach house to prepare it for sale, Juliet is determined that nothing will stand in the way of her future. But one look from Emerson, and all her old desire comes flooding back. He let her go once, but this time, he’s not giving up without a fight. And Emerson fights dirty.

A heartbreaking history. An unstoppable passion. Torn between her past and future, Juliet struggles to separate love from desire. But will they find a way to overcome their tragic secrets—together? And after so much damage has been done, can a love remain unbroken? 

*This book contains adult situations and explicit content.*

What's your teaser this Tuesday? Link me up! 





23 comments:

  1. Someone shared that same teaser last week. I love it! I so need to read this book! Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to love that moment :)

    My Teasers

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely not our kind of book but hope you're enjoying it.
    We have three this week, all contemporary fiction: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/03/tuesday-teasers-3-for-you-contemporary.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my kind of read, but still a nice tease!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That does sound intense. He's her hurricane? Check out my teasers for Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza and Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES! I don't think I'm old enough to read that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh awesome teaser! Adding it to my goodreads right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great line! I can't wait to get to this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it but don't let me stop you, read it. :)

      Delete
  9. Love at first sight! A beautiful moment and so romantic.
    My Teaser is from THE MONDAY NIGHT NEEDLEWORK & MURDER GUILD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek this book sounds amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Just added it to my tbr list. Hopefully sometime this year I will be able to read it!!! Great teaser as always and thank you so so much for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I didn't like the book but I hope you do. :)

      Delete
  11. I've heard this teaser before and it keeps getting better ;-) I love it and I love the cover and I'm dying to read this book!
    My Teaser from Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!